گزارش ابتکار فقر - محیط زیست برنامه های عمران و محیط زیست
گزارش جدید ابتکار مشترک برنامه های عمران و محیط زیست ملل متحد در زمینه رابطه فقر و محیط زیست با عنوان " به جریان انداختن راه حل های برگرفته از اکوسیستم محلی برای چالش های فقر - محیط زیست منتشر شد.
The UNDP-UNEP Poverty-Environment Initiative in cooperation with the World Resources Institute releases a new Primer on "Enabling Local Successes: A Primer on Mainstreaming Local Ecosystem-based Solutions to Poverty-Environment Challenges".
We are pleased to draw your attention to a new Primer entitled “Enabling Local Successes: A Primer on Mainstreaming Local Ecosystem-based Solutions to Poverty-Environment Challenges".The Primer is a joint cooperation of the UNDP-UNEP Poverty-Environment Initiative and the World Resources Institute.
This primer assembles current knowledge and illustrative case materials on the benefits of and enabling conditions for local ecosystem-based initiatives. It documents how nature-focused activities and enterprises originated and executed by local actors, can sustain ecosystems and improve the livelihoods and well-being of the rural poor. The primer is designed to help development practitioners and others engaged in the mainstreaming challenge communicate to policy makers the positive poverty and environmental outcomes that can result at the local level when environmental mainstreaming efforts at the national and sectoral levels succeed.
In more detail, the Primer:
- describes key features of local ecosystem-based initiatives;
- discusses economic, social and environmental benefits as well as resilience and adaptation benefits
- outlines enabling conditions for local ecosystem-based solutions (enforceable resource rights; market access and favorable regulatory environment; adequate and dependable finance; participatory, accountable and transparent governance; local capacity; appropriate support services; and networks and linkages);
- provides guidance on identifying supportive policy, legal and regulatory frameworks; how to expand access to domestic and external sources of finance; how to facilitate access to support services; how to improve learning and knowledge exchange; and how to ensure results-based monitoring and evaluation;
- introduces a programmatic approach to scaling up impact
The Primer can be accessed at:http://www.unpei.org/knowledge-resources/publications.html