این خبر را امروز دریافت کردم خوب بازار Rio + 10 داغ داغ است و همایش روی همایش که این هم یکی ار آن هاست. تا آخر خبر نگاهی انداختم. چشمم به مدعوین هم خورد. دیدم نمایندگان چند تا کشورها دعوت شده اند. جوانان ایرانی چی؟ داشتم باد خودم می گفتم اگر سهمی در بهبود محیط زیست نداریم در تخریب آن که سهم داریم ( میزان انتشار گازهای گلخانه ای ایران). دیدم که ای بابا از قطر نماینده ای شرکت می کند. پس جوانان ما چی؟
راستی یادم نرفته افتتاحیه جام جهانی آهنگ جوانان Rio + 20 هم هست که آرمش همین تصویر ذیل است.
همایش رایگان برگزار می شود و اگر کسی اون دور و ورهاست می تونه برای شرکت در همایش ثبت نام کنه. اگر هم در دوردست هاست و علاقه داره در جریان امور قرار بگیره با آدرس انتهای فراخوان تماس بگیره ظاهراً بناست لوح فشرده سخنرانی ها و مطالب ارائه شده منتشر گردد.
Invitation to the International Conference
Knowledge, Youth and Global Commons
-Orienting Knowledge Systems and Inter-Generational Relations
towards Sustainable Development and Rio+20
15. & 16. September 2011
Maria Loretto Palace, Klagenfurt am Wörthersee (Austria)
Austrian Science and Research Liaison Office Ljubljana www.aso.zsi.at
International Association for the Advancement of Innovative Approaches to Global Challenges www.glocha.info
Academic Council on the United Nations System – Vienna Liaison office www.acuns.org
"Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”
(source: World Commission on Environment and Development (WCED). Brundtland Report: Our common future. 1987)
Aiming for ‘sustainable development’ which would meet the needs of present generations without compromising the needs of future generations – this has been the promise of the heads of states and other global political leaders who gathered at Rio Earth summit in 1992.
Where do we stand 20 years later?
Progressing climate change and dead-locked post-Kyoto negotiations, biodiversity loss, ongoing extreme poverty in many places of the world, escalating sovereign debt crisis and resulting cuts in public investment in education, social welfare .. in times where the number of billionaires according to Forbes grew 20 % in one year alone etc. are indicators that humanity is far away from fulfilling the Rio 1992 summit promise and that something is systemically/radically wrong in the way we manage global wealth.
The population group most exposed to the non-delivery of global sustainable development governance are global youth and future generations in general. For sustainable development concept to function, it is crucial that global resources management decisively maps and safeguards crucial sustainable development resources, tame market economy forces and correct market failures where they lead to destruction/overconsumption of natural resources and mobilize innovative multi-stakeholder partnerships for global public goods/global commons like provision of sustainable development related knowledge and human capacity worldwide.
United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (UNCSD) in Rio de Janeiro in June 2012 seems to be the one big window of opportunity for global community to take stock of the “State of the future”, its many challenges and systemic risks for ecosystems degradation and governance failure and to forge – with substantial global governance innovations - a strong global problem solving alliance which provides a multilevel and multi-actor governance framework for coherent collaborative action which would involve every global citizen.
At the ‘Knowledge, Youth and Global Commons’ conference youth from around the world will have a voice to contribute to the process of UNCSD preparation.
A special focus of the conference will be on ‘knowledge’ as the key global sustainable development governance coordination element.
Another specific focus of the conference will be the IAAI proposal to frame all those resources that are needed by present and future generations for sustainable development as ‘global commons’ and to launch in the context of Rio 2012 a multi-stakeholder partnership (and a related documentation and assessment system) for global commons growth based on a shared social responsibility for such global commons. This would provide a new institutional framework for civic engagement and multilevel governance and help strengthen the knowledge base for global governance.
(continuous updates of the conference agenda will be available on www.aso.zsi.at and www.glocha.info)
Thursday, 15.09 Day 1 of the conference
(Focus on "Global Governance Perspectives on Sustainable Development Resources Management, Highlighting the Systemic Role of Knowledge and Youth")
10.00 – 10.45 Session 1 - Introduction: Youth Perspectives - our VIPs
Youth representatives from Austria, Slovenia, Southeast European countries and the world (South Africa, China, India, Australia, Mexico, US, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia ..)
10.45-12.15 Session 2: Market Failures - Global Environmental Problems and Global Governance
- Market failures (externalities & Public Goods) & Global Resources Management
- Sustainable development, Trans-Generational Justice and the Role of the UN System
- United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development Rio 2012 - A Window of Opportunity!
- Global Youth Claiming Sustainable Development Resources - the Rio2012 Youth Song World Cup
12.15 - 13.30 lunch
13.30 - 15.15 Session 2: Mapping and Mobilizing Resources for Sustainable Development
- Global Commons Innovations 4 Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Development related Knowledge as Global Commons & Delhi Sustainable Development Summit 2012
- Measuring intangibles - The 'We value' project
- Mobilizing global civil society resources for knowledge based responses to global challenges
- Reframing Global Philanthropy as Social Investment and Collaborative Global Commons Growth
- Innovative Resource Mobilization for Global Environmental Governance - The IPCC Scholarship Program Experience
15.15-15.45 Coffee break
15.45 - 17.30 Session 3: How to measure the contribution of science and education to Sustainable Development & Potentials of the 'knowledge commons' concept?
- The 'Knowledge and Learning for Changing Societies' program - International Human Dimensions Programme
- The UNESCO Science, Technology and Innovation Global Assessment Program and the Need for innovations in the global monitoring of STI
- World Symposium on Sustainable Development at Universities @ Rio 2012
- Education for Sustainable Development metrics and post DESD
- Knowledge and Sustainable Development metrics in the context of WBC regional STI strategy development process
- Integrating SD related STI governance innovations in Southeast Europe into (existing) science information systems
18.00 - 18.45 Launch of GloCha Center Klagenfurt-Ljubljana
19.00 - 19.45 Launch of Rio 2012 Youth Song World Cup
20.00 - Reception
Friday, 16.09 - Day 2 of the conference
(Focus on "Research, Innovation and learning for Sustainable Development in SEE")
09.00-10.00 Session 4: Integrating Global Challenges in local, national, regional and global innovation systems
- Knowledge, Grand Challenges and the Paradigm Shift from 'Research' to 'Innovation' Systems
- Global Issues in Research Strategies and Programmes of Western Balkan Countries
- Global Challenges and European Research Area governance (Ljubljana Process)
10.00 - 10.30 Coffee break
10.30-12.30 Session 5: From ASO Ljubljana to GloCha Centers network
Discussion of ideas/plans for project initiatives and event initiatives with Representatives of ministries of science, universities and local authorities/municipalities and youth organizations (from Southeast European countries) about future cooperation potentials ..)
Invited special guests – envisaged cooperation partners of GloCha network; open meeting, everybody welcome
12.30 - 13.00 Closing Session: Adoption of 'Conclusions' and a 'Plan of Action'
13.00h End of conference
14.30 - Designing 'Our common future 2.0' - Development of event and project initiatives
(informal continuation of session 5 IAAI, ASO Lj & partners)
- Sarajevo workshop Mobilize Diaspora4SD (12 October 2011)
- Knowledge as global commons event @ Delhi SustDev Summit 2012, TERI (2-4 February 2012) http://dsds.teriin.org/2012/
- NY workshop ‚GlobalCommons, Knowledge and Ethics' connected with UNCSD intersessional meeting 26 March 2012
- Global Forum on Philanthropy Innovations and Research and Education Funding @ Rio+20 universities conf. 6/12 http://www.haw-hamburg.de/wssd-2012.html
- Project "Measuring the contribution of Research and Education to Sust Dev" (with links to UN AI, UNESCO STIGAP, KLSC-IHDP) (to be submitted to foundations by the end of 2011)
- project Global Challenges Centers network in SEE (start planned early 2012)
- GloBalkCan Youth – Promoting Global Citizenship and Future Orientation in Southeast Europe (is already part of UN AoC SEE Action Plan, http://www.investsciencesee.info/ccandun/images/stories/PRES/weiss.pdf)
There is no registration fee!
For Registration follow these links: doc format or online registration form
The conference will be video recorded and will be made available as video-on-demand soon